Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and e-commerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. As a Head of Marketing, you will lead and grow our marketing team to effectively scale our brands across Africa and into new markets with a focus on building online and offline communities through social media, influencer, and offline marketing.
- Lead all influencer, social media, and offline marketing (esports, events, radio/tv)
- Build and manage a large team across several geographies
- Collaborate with other product and growth leaders
- Inform the company’s growth strategy and roadmap
What makes you a great candidate?
- Track record creating and executing successful B2C marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead high performing teams
- Creativity, customer-first approach, sound judgement
- Experience with various marketing channels: social media, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing, experiential marketing, events, content marketing, radio, television
- Bonus – you love games!
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. In December 2021, we closed on a large fundraise led by Andreessen Horowitz – with participation from other awesome investors like Google, Riot Games, Konvoy Ventures, Avenir, and Nas! It’s allowed us to scale our team and our ambitions. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!