The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With Atlas Search, we’re changing how developers build intuitive applications by combining the power of Apache Lucene with our flexible document data model. Atlas Search was made generally available in June 2021, and since then it has grown rapidly to become one of the key pillars of our developer data platform. And now, we’re growing the team that works to drive awareness and adoption of Atlas Search in the market.
We need the right combination of a strategic & tactical product marketing leader to help make it happen. If you’re able to influence, take ownership, handle ambiguity effectively and love making waves in an entrepreneurial environment, MongoDB wants to meet you. Growing product areas like Atlas Search represent a huge opportunity for our business, and you’ll be a key part of the team bringing them to market.
As a Staff Product Marketing Manager at MongoDB, you’ll drive the go-to-market efforts for Atlas Search, working in partnership with MongoDB’s Product and Sales GTM Directors for Atlas Search. You’ll work closely with teams across Product, Sales, Marketing, User Research, and Developer Relations to refine and execute Atlas Search’s GTM strategy. You’ll lead key PMM work like user segmentation, positioning, and messaging, and drive the strategy to increase awareness and adoption of Search.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
Position Expectations/Role Responsibilities/What you’ll do…
- Know the user: Become an expert on Lucene and Search, and how developers evaluate and adopt Search products while building next-gen applications
- Messaging: Create positioning and messaging for new features that helps to differentiate and make us stand out in the Search market
- Go-To-Market: Define the GTM for Atlas Search, with the goal of driving new customer acquisition and high rates of product adoption. Work with partners in Analytics and Product Management to define key user segments and verticals. Partner with Sales and Marketing colleagues to execute the programs that drive revenue and user growth
- Sales Enablement: Partner with the GTM Sales and Sales Enablement teams to deliver internal training and enablement, create customer-facing materials for sales use, including pitch decks, messaging briefs, architecture diagrams, product guides, whitepapers, case studies, customer proof point slides, and more
- Research: Conduct regular user research and analyze both quantitative and qualitative feedback to uncover opportunities, inform messaging, and contribute to product development
- Reporting & Evaluation: Report on user acquisition and product adoption by channel, to inform marketing priorities and product decision making. Work with channel partners in Marketing, evaluate the effectiveness of integrated campaigns and continuously iterate.
Qualifications/Requirements/We’re looking for someone with…
- 6-7 years of relevant work experience (B2B product marketing)
- Highly collaborative and effective influencing in cross-functional environments. You’ll work with a wide range of stakeholders across marketing, product, developer relations, sales, and more
- Problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify risks, resolve issues, and communicate with stakeholders to get work done
- Experience partnering with product teams to influence product strategy and roadmap, and contributing to user research in support of that work
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of modern application development, application search, cloud computing, and agile methodologies
Bonus points if…
- You have an MBA or Masters in a STEM field
- You have in-depth knowledge of Apache Lucene or have extensive experience with application search technologies
- Love programming and technology, and have taken coding classes for fun or built your own mobile or web application
- You’re passionate about new technologies and cloud computing
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.