We’re growing our team and are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with — and passion for — the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, …), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
- Availability in a time zone different from UK/Europe – i.e. Asia or Americas
- Blockchain Node operations (monitoring, fixing/debugging, provisioning, issue management, test & diagnosis), with progressive use of automation
- Community involvement on Node operations questions (handling questions, triaging issues)
- Non-node infra support (backups; DNS admin; websites; CI/CD pipelines / automation; advice & support to team members)
- Support Autonity users in Discord, Github, and other community spaces to resolve their technical issues
- Escalate new issues to the Autonity development team and follow them through to resolution
- Assist the Autonity development team with testing and reproducing issues and gathering diagnostic information
- Support the creation and maintenance of documentation (both tech doc, and process)
- Assist with diagnosing application, network, or system performance problems and bottlenecks
Requirements – Must have
- Good understanding of Layer 1 blockchain protocols and Ethereum in particular
- Experience with EVM blockchain systems (deployment of smart contracts, understanding of Ethereum gas model, understanding of PoW vs PoS, …) – not necessarily professional experience
- Ability to work GMT (UTC) +8 / Asia time zones or GMT (UTC) – 8 / US time zones
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills to handle client/user facing communications
- 2+ years hands-on system administration experience with critical Linux infrastructure and networks, including monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting, in an environment that makes extensive use of automation, scripting, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code methodologies
- Demonstrated ability take a proactive and flexible approach to problem-solving while maintaining high-quality documentation of processes, issues, and solutions
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux system internals, TCP/IP, and debugging tools
Nice to have
- Demonstrated involvement in Open source projects, blockchain-related communities and online spaces
- Experience with Linux performance engineering
- Python, Solidity, or Go (Golang) programming experience