We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 650,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in…
Due to the growth of our business, SwissBorg is offering an opportunity for a KYC Specialist to join our team. If you are motivated, creative and want to learn more about the new financial era, this is your chance to apply!
What you might be doing:
- Perform the due diligence on new users, including corporate accounts, requesting the KYC information, documentation, review and verification of received documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new users;
- Periodical review of KYC records as to the completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and the process are followed;
- Conduct name screening checks to identify potential matches with watchlist and sanctions lists, and escalate any matches for further review and action;
- Perform IP address consistency checks and investigate mismatches and potential risks;
- Investigate high-risk users and conduct enhanced due diligence in accordance with KYC guidelines, including reviewing additional documentation, verifying sources of fund, and conducting additional investigations to mitigate potential risks;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
- Provide training and guidance to other team members;
- Identify opportunities for improvement within KYC processes and procedures;
- Work on specific projects which may rise from time to time.
What you might bring:
- Bachelor degree in Law or Business Administration or country equivalent in a related discipline together with equivalent working experience;
- 2+ years of experience in similar position;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Sound knowledge of and /or experience in working with FATF Recommendations (Anti-Money Laundering, Countering Terrorism Financing);
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organizational skills required for handling a high volume of work with attention to detail;
- Good understanding of Blockchain ecosystem is an advantage;
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening is an advantage.
Why you should apply:
– Freedom to build the company of your dreams
– Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
– CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
– We’ll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
– Flexible working hours
– 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
– Annual team retreats – We’d love to see you at the next one!
– Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.