Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As Lead Game Designer you’ll be responsible for defining and guiding the creation of a social (really social. Not just competitive) multiplayer game based on slots, that will be played by millions of players.
You’ll work in close collaboration with our awesome Product, Creative, and Engineering teams, using your design skills, product mentality, and passion for mobile games to design the gameplay features at every stage of the process.
From contributing design documentation, through facilitating implementation and content creation, to managing game configuration – you will be an integral part in ensuring the successful delivery of the game.
- Bring your own experience and creativity to create a vision that leads the way for an awesome new game.
- Holistically design the gameplay experience through social mechanics, content, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetisation, features & events with player motivation.
- Write detailed Game Design specifications and configurations. Follow up and ensure correct implementation of your designs.
- Collaborate closely with PMs & Analysts to study player behaviours & the game’s performance, then leverage data to improve KPI’s by modifying your designs and configurations.
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of experience in F2P Games. RPG, Idle games or Social casino or other multiplayer social games – an advantage.
- Able to create & design experiences that shape positive player behaviors
- Ability to design and model the game’s economy and player progression based on your design
- Experienced in optimizing of live games based on usage data
- Experience leading teams to align and execute against a product vision and goals
- Passion for games, mobile games in particular
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!