As an employee at Metatheory, you will work remotely in a team spread all over the world, where social skills are very important.
- Work with the Art Director to enable and execute the project’s vision.
- Help develop or acquire the tools required to achieve the Art Direction and maximize the visual quality of our products.
- Define and document the graphic production pipeline (modeling, animation, characters, lighting, shaders, VFX, etc..) while maintaining them through production.
- Coordinate and act as an intermediary between the Tech Art, Art, and the Programming team, including validation of render and tool requests from the Art Team.
- Assure the consistency of performance and art quality throughout our games from a technical perspective.
- Propose and support the right tools to accelerate certain procedural tasks used in production of high volume and high quality 3D art content.
- 5+ years’ experience and shipped titles as a Technical Art Director or Lead Technical Artist in the game industry.
- Strong artistic eye for multiple disciplines such as 3D art, lighting, VFX.
- Experience mentoring a team of artists, engineers, and/or technical artists. Strong knowledge of rendering pipelines and shaders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, textures/shaders, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DCC software such as Maya, Houdini, Substance Designer and Substance Painter.
- Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting technical issues associated with lighting, shaders, performance, tools and pipelines. Knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Competent in designing and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
- Experience with pre-rendered pipelines
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience in creating and optimizing shaders
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- A foundation in traditional art
You may be required to use some or a combination of the following software:
- C, C++, Java
- Adobe Photoshop
- Substance Painter
- Substance Designer
You will need to have your own computer and software initially.
We were founded to challenge the ways that we all relate to games and storytelling, and in doing so change how we relate to each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a culture of safety and belonging from how we hire to how we build communities.