The Operations department at Parity supports the critical business mission of making “Polkadot the most active and innovative community building the future decentralised web” and acts as a service partner to all Parity teams, delivering crucial support to the business, so that the mission can be achieved.
You will be joining the Travel & Events team, one of four teams within Ops, currently consisting of three members and delivering high-quality internal event experiences that reflect Parity’s values and facilitate impactful in-person collaboration.
About the position
- You will organise multi-day team retreats, for teams from 5 to over 100, including: aligning on requirements with team leads, booking global venues and accommodation, coordinating catering and travel, and providing hands-on on-site event management as required.
- You will work on improvements and optimisation of team retreat booking process, including working closely with the Business Automation team on internal events booking tool
- You will research events and create proposals for potential locations and content to consider
- You will create new and maintain existing relationships with external event and travel agencies
- You will create, execute, and report on strategies to improve events and coordinate events merchandising
- You will assist with planning and delivery of other internal events as required, from local social events to company-wide retreats
- You will report to the Operations Lead, and collaborate to identify internal events objectives, goals, and key performance indicators.
- Some travel, mostly within Europe, will be required for this role (on average, two to four days per month, though note this is variable).
- You have 3+ years of experience in event and/or MICE travel planning and execution, certifications are preferred (CMM, CSEP, CEPS, CMP …)
- You are a proactive, can-do person that is motivated to solve challenges and can offer high level of professional support
- You have excellent project management skills with experience in tools like Asana, Notion, Hubspot or similar, with proven ability to manage concurrent projects. Formal qualifications are a plus
- You are highly organised individual, used to remote and async work, with a keen eye for detail
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, including working with contacts and stakeholders ranging from executives to small local suppliers
- You have experience in a fast-paced and growing tech startup environment, with interest in Web3 space and its values
- You have excellent communication skills with either native English or C1 equivalence
- You are based in Europe or the UK, or willing to relocate to Europe. Note that while Parity is a remote-first company, much of the travel required for this role is local/regional within Europe.
About working for us
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice