PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS FOR OVERSEAS APPLICATION, NON -U.S. ONLY. NO DOMESTIC (U.S.) APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
What defines our next Product Designer…
Scentbird is looking for a visionary Product Designer to help conceive, wireframe, design and implement all of our various product design initiatives between four of our OWNED BRANDS.
These are brands under the umbrella of Scentbird, but are their own solo entities. Confessions of a Rebel, Deck of Scarlet, Sanctuary and Good Habit.
The perfect candidate will have a deep understanding of UX, with partnered problem solving skills, as well as the highest level of craft for UI design, creating beautiful, modern experiences for immersive, mobile first environments. This Product Designer will be responsible for developing engaging experiences that allow ease-of use within our customer base, while telling an immersive story and eliciting an emotional response from them through rich visual design.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Product Design Director to deliver ideas and experiences that create a visionary future for each of these brands, while exceeding the expectations of our customers. Being part of a team of thinkers and doers, the right Product Designer will bring a mix of high-level problem solving through UX, creative vision through UI, an understanding of research, usability testing, A/B testing and business understanding to the position, promoting our company from within and inspiring each team member they partner with.
We’re looking for a person comfortable wearing many hats and managing multiple projects at one time. Someone that can inspire others, taking our creative experiences to a new level, as we continue to grow.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Concept, design and manage various product design initiatives from our quarterly roadmap, and understanding areas of opportunity for higher levels of engagement with our customers.
- Having a firm grasp on the brand, customer and company needs for each of these four brands.
- Lead reviews by speaking through your ideas and vision, so all partners can understand the path and know how to improve the designs/experience.
- Gather design inspiration and be a leader of sharing new ideas/designs that can help push our UX and UI designs to new levels of fidelity.
- Be the steward of our design components library, creating the vision, design, layout and rationale on how we use our brand components.
- Meet with the Product Designer Director weekly to align on scope and vision for the ongoing projects and the future of the four brands.
- Work closely with the Creative Director of Brands to help facilitate their vision for photography & tonality, as it helps elevate the brand.
- Work with product owners to help understand surveys, customer interviews and usability testing so that these may contribute to your work.
- Work with Engineers to facilitate ease of transition from design to build, forming a collaborative partnership that’s efficient and effective.
What We Would Love You to Have:
- A clear understanding and passion for complex UX flows. You think strategically, putting the customer needs and company needs at equal balance, which are reflected in your ux flows.
- An ability to think about the entirety of company goals. Revenue and KPI focused.
- Passion for design and beauty, you are a master digital designer, it is your superpower, you look at every nuance of a design and help bring it to immersive life through every small-to-large detail of UI design.
- You’re able to spot and help encourage new design trends in the web space.
- Able to solve complex User Experience problems, smoothly and efficiently.
- Able to wireframe an experience and speak to each customer decision, every piece of potential engagement and see the story end-to-end.
- The ability to think through high-level Information Architecture to realize the scope of a project and know it’s emphasis on the entire experience as a whole.
- Ability to give and take creative direction.
- Detail-oriented and a precision to your style of work.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work with internal and external cross-functional teams both domestically and internationally.
- In-depth knowledge of Figma, components and auto layout.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years experience in digital design is required. A portfolio showcasing agency work as well as in-house work would be ideal.
- Digital design experience in the beauty (or fashion) industry
- Degree in Design, Arts, and/or Digital Design.
- A robust portfolio showcasing various use cases of solving for product challenges
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive base compensation
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Wellness Days Off
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment.
Scentbird is committed to bringing individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives into the Nest. We strive to uphold an inclusive environment where individuals of all different backgrounds, ages, colors, ethnicities, gender, or gender identities, genetics, physical or mental abilities, protected veteran status, race, religious or sexual orientation, thrive. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated internally to going above and beyond in fostering diversity. Come as you are – we’re excited to meet you.
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000 *