At Harvest, you’ll be working with a team of honest and respectful engineers who value giving and receiving feedback and trust that they can count on each other.
Harvest Engineering consists of Product Engineering and Platform Engineering. Within Product Engineering there are currently four teams: Billing and Payments (“BillPay”), Ecosystem, Experiences and Quality Engineering (QE).
Our QE team consists of individuals dedicated to Harvest’s mission of quality, with the goal of helping our Engineering team ship solid and bug-free features and updates to customers. From de-risking a project scope, defining and executing test plans, and helping triage and investigate issues, our team is involved throughout the development process. We also constantly aim to iterate and refine our tools, skills and methodologies, in order to maximize our efficiency and impact.
Our Engineering team is growing and we’re currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join us here at Harvest.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities
You’ll help contribute to our development efforts by consulting with our engineering team on the scope of our projects, defining and executing the test methodology, as well as contributing to our ever growing suite of automated tests.
What You’ll Do
- Define and execute testing requirements, test cases, and test plans in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams.
- Contribute to the continuous effort to leverage end-to-end automation in our day-to-day work, adding new tests while also improving existing tests to improve performance and reliability.
- Enable the team to push forward company values by embracing innovation and improving processes including reporting, bug tracking, and tooling.
- Monitor and collect and report work-based metrics for team and project work, and contribute findings to our feedback loop.
- Be reliable and communicative by attending meetings, contributing to project updates, and engaging with your fellow team members on deep-dives into the darkest corners of our apps.
- Work with a diverse, remote-first team of kind humans that span the globe.
Who You Are
- You’re comfortable working on a small team, and are excited at the idea of trying new things.
- You enjoy learning and view mistakes as opportunities to grow, and teach others. You’re open to jumping into new areas and working outside your comfort zone.
- You’re a skilled problem solver, critical thinker, and are able to articulate your thoughts in a concise and complete manner.
- You balance reaching out for help from others with researching solutions on your own.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and are able to manage your time effectively.
- You believe feedback is a gift, seek it out, and act on it.
What You’ve Done
- You understand and have experience taking a holistic approach to your work, and are able to balance risk management and productivity during the software development lifecycle.
- You’ve translated project scopes into requirements and test cases, and have experience writing detailed bugs and issues.
- You’re comfortable with communicating with your teammates asynchronously, and are adept at learning how to use and navigate new tooling.
- You’ve got technical proficiency in understanding complex features and updates to a large software product.
- You’ve got experience working on a diverse team, and are able to communicate openly and proactively to help push a project forward.
At Harvest, our compensation consists of three main components:
- A competitive base pay: The salary for this role is $108,500 in USD. Every Harvester with the same role expectations receives the same base pay. And we aim to pay at the top of the market (informed by third-party data) for all roles.
- Individual and company performance bonus plans: We believe in rewarding performance, so all Harvesters are eligible to receive an individual and company performance bonus after working with Harvest for a period of time.
- Competitive benefits*: We offer a number of benefits, including
- 15 days of vacation in your first year, plus company holidays and a week off for winter break. And you’ll get an additional two days per year until you reach twenty days.
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- A yearly budget for your professional learning and development goals
- 401k plan with a 6% company match after three months with the company
- 16 weeks of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year as well as a virtual platform providing support across fertility, pregnancy, adoption, and through your first year of parenting
- A charitable giving matching program to support your contributions to your favorite charitable organizations
- And much more…
*Some of the benefits described are only available to U.S.-based Harvesters. Benefits information for non-U.S.-based Harvesters will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.