Mural is looking for a Revenue, Technical Accounting and Tax Manager to join the Accounting team. As a Manager, you will be responsible for leading the revenue accounting function, technical accounting matters and tax compliance while working closely with our FP&A team, Legal, GTM teams and external advisors. This role will be a critical member of the accounting team and will report directly to the VP, Corporate Controller.
As part of this role, you will be directly responsible for:
- Review and approve customer contracts in accordance with ASC 606.
- Lead the monthly revenue financial close and reporting, ensuring accurate and timely recording of transactions and the completeness of financial statements.
- Managing tax compliance (federal and state taxes) in collaboration with external advisors and providing guidance to internal stakeholders for SaaS and professional services offerings.
- Ownership of technical accounting matters (equity accounting, software capitalization, deferred commission, etc.) and writing up accounting policies and technical accounting memos.
- Driving error-free monthly/quarterly close reports and presenting results to the leadership team.
- Review month end balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries and contribute to the financial reporting process.
- Work closely with legal, sales and other stakeholders on structuring of contracts and non standard deal approvals.
- Take a leading role on management and collaboration of complex transactions with the billing and deal desk teams and other stakeholders in the business.
- Manage revenue team projects and process improvements. Playing a key role in driving the development and implementation of systems related to revenue accounting.
- Manage application of internal controls.
- Identify and develop best practices and process improvements.
- Prepare and/or review reports supporting internal and external audits.
- 7+ years experience with 3+ years in public accounting experience preferred. Bachelor Degree in Accounting. Professional accounting qualification (CPA) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP principles and financial statements, significant technical accounting background including ASC 606 (SaaS, professional services)
- Leadership experience in a software or global technology company is preferred
- Proficient with Excel and Google sheets
- Must have experience with a large ERP system, Netsuite is a plus
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on-time accurate results
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Track record of leading and coaching teams in fast paced environments
Nice to Have:
- Experience in SaaS, high growth organization
- You are used to working with globally distributed teams
The salary for this role ranges from $112,000 to $140,000 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range. #LI-Remote #LI-MM1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.