We are changing the game… SwissBorg is here to put Crypto assets back into the hands of ordinary people by allowing them to manage and create their own wealth.
SwissBorg is Europe’s fastest growing Crypto app and since launching in 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland our innovative app has taken the market by storm! We currently offer 54 different cryptocurrencies, operate in 100+ different countries and have a community base of 650,000+ users.
The revolution of crypto is bringing transparency and access to financial services that were, up until now, only accessible to the most wealthy. Our mission is to build a product that is user-friendly and community centric most of all. With Swissborg, our mission is to provide everyone access to the tools that will enable them to safely increase their wealth using the power of DeFI.
Our stack includes:
Libraries: Cats Effect 3, Tapir, Sttp, Fs2, Akka
Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, PostgreSQL, Kafka
Architecture: microservices, Event Sourcing, Reactive
There are endless opportunities at SwissBorg, you will be a part of an extremely talented engineering department where you work with some of the best Scala Engineers in Europe. And from us, you can expect an environment that offers transparency, promotes a genuine healthy work-life balance to enable you to do your best work and a team of humble and motivated engineers.
As a Scala Developer you will:
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team
- Solve challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation
- Optimize the code for performanceSupport and coach junior team members
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring
- Help the product to design the requirements for a feature, providing technical guidance early in the process
- Take part in the continuous improvement of the overall technical architecture
- 3 + years Scala experience
- Knowledge of libraries such as Cats, Akka, Fs2
- Experience with JVM technologies, RDBMs, cloud architectures
- Knowledge about the CQRS/Event Sourcing architecture
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking – customer value should be your key driver
- An interest in Cryptocurrencies/Blockchain/Web3
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
What you can expect from us:
We offer a remote working environment
25 days annual leave plus local bank holidays
Annual bonus paid in CHSB
A welcome CHSB bonus
Flexible working hours
Individual learning and development budget
Annual team retreats
A MacBook Pro
An equipment voucher to ensure that your home office is up to your standards
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.