We’re looking for a passionate, curious, and versatile Senior Copywriter to join the team at Magic Leap. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the creative leadership team, have ownership of work from day one, and shape the way our brand comes to life in the world. You’ll be helping to deliver key communications for a leading augmented reality company.
Magic Leap Copywriters play essential roles in the strategy, conception and writing of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought, craft output, and impeccable attention to detail while developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. Copywriters at Magic Leap approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, Magic Leap Copywriters are expert wordsmiths who create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling.
With oversight from the Director for Copywriting, Brand & Marketing you’ll help bring the brand voice to life across web, campaigns, and social channels. You’ll help set the standard for copywriting across the company and support various departments in the creation of external comms. You’re a writer who’s unafraid to learn new ways to create a better future, faster — with an eye for detail and a feel for the audience. Additionally, you’ll collaborate and guide outside vendors of the highest caliber in the world.
Creatives at Magic Leap apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. At Magic Leap, we believe in the purposeful application of design and science to create meaningful ideas, products and functionality, through an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. Magic Leap Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to fully realize labors of love that deliver meaningful results for partners, users, developers and fans.
- Responsible for writing short and long form content and copy for owned social media and internally initiated campaigns
- Script writing and storytelling for videos in a variety of formats
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Quick, detailed, annoyingly obsessive over exact language
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and copywriting skills
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within Magic Leap and externally
- 5+ years’ experience writing at an award winning advertising agency or on behalf of an established brand
- Ideal candidate will have extensive tech knowledge or previous experience working for a technology company/brand
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality copywriting, clever headlines and concepting experience within a variety of advertising campaigns and digital content
- Confident writing across a variety of mediums, from print to digital and social media
- Proficient at nailing and developing tone of voice
- Knowledgeable and passionate about augmented reality technology
- Experience collaborating with designers, producers, and partners
- Happy to work independently
- A strong portfolio of creative work with a focus on making dense, complicated information clear and accessible
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Experience writing thought provoking headlines, UX content and long form copy for websites and mobile apps
- Bachelors in Marketing or Communications or equivalent work experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range