At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is the world’s premier enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Sr. Staff Software Engineer will help lead and build the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end transparency into payment fees, timing and delivery.
- Build, scale and maintain enterprise, distributed payment applications that complete settlement within seconds
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Work with wider technical teams on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of backend applications
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving standard methodologies for architecture, coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 10+ years of hands-on software development and architecture experience on large scale distributed backend systems, with the last 5+ years in Java (with spring framework), and 4+ years experience working as a tech lead and mentoring other engineers
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS. Experience with NoSQL DBs is highly desirable.
- Experience building cloud applications on AWS or GCP, and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability, availability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering standard processes
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar