If you’re data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can’t wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Here is our team hierarchy for individual contributors:
Principal Software Engineer (V)
Staff Software Engineer (IV)
Senior Software Engineer (III)
Software Engineer (II)
Software Engineer (I)
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Software Engineer on the Circle team, you will build scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
What you’ll bring to Circle (not all required):
- + years of professional software development experience in object oriented languages like Java and Go
- A broad understanding of API design and REST principles, know how to derive and communicate a good design
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Experience with SQL databases and designing schemas
- Willing and able to learn unfamiliar languages and technologies
- Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software
- A focus on coding standards and code quality with speed — a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter with a curious mindset, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.