We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
- What’s my job title? Staff Product Designer
- Where in the world? You’ll be able to work remotely from anywhere in the EU
- Working hours? For this role, you will operate within the Central European Time (CET)
- What language(s) are required? Fluency in English required
Design a MessageBird is unique. You get a design team that is being built, ground up, from culture to execution. You get a product that is proven, uses cutting edge technology and is extremely efficient.
We are building the next generation of this product, which will differentiate itself from others based on the user experience. We are trying to make extremely technical, business critical software accessible and simple to use. You will be directly involved in making this happen.
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Love an extremely fast paced environment. We move at a lightning fast pace.
- You love to take on multiple projects, business critical ones with extreme visibility.
- You are up for taking on full product areas, leading them with complete autonomy.
- You are happy to take on IC work in the beginning and help build a team to eventually move into management when the team grows.
- Work within a small team, with deep connections and extreme empathy for the user as well as each other.
- You are more than willing to let go of ideas and move on to newer ones to make the business successful and the users happy.
If this sounds like you, we would love for you to come join our mission driven, customer obsessed Product Design team with very ambitious goals for 2023/2024.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design, you will work in very close partnership with other designers, VPs of Product Management, Sales and our Technology teams. You will also be exposed to the C-team and work hand in hand with company priorities and business objectives.
As a Staff product designer, you will work with the product, solutions, business and marketing teams to learn first hand about how our product gets used and what it means to our customers. You will have a pivotal role in building exceptional user experiences for some of our largest 25,000 customers.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Leaders, Engineering, Business Development and Solutions teams to deliver designs.
- Clearly understand & articulate customer needs and prescribe industry-leading solutions and methodologies
- Contribute beyond designs to team and company level objectives & processes
- Support the product teams in visioning, piloting and driving solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience designing highly technical products
- Have deep understanding and experience designing desktop and mobile applications
- Strong ability to present work, explain your rationale, and incorporate feedback
- Experience leading and creating user stories, presentations
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research including usability testing, analytics, user interviews, and A/B testing
- Excellent prototyping skills
- Having technical knowledge is a plus. Always.
- Experience working on payments, growth, and user education is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
You apply and will hear back from us within a few days. If there’s a fit, the full process is as follows:
↳ [30 mins] Recruiter Screen
↳ [45 mins] Hiring Manager Interview/s (Portfolio Walkthrough with 2 designers)
——— Team Interviews———-
↳ [60 mins] Presentation to everyone + Q&A
↳ [60 mins] Technical knowledge interview (Deep dives into prototyping+execution)
↳ [45 mins] XFN interview with a product leader/s
↳ [30 mins] Bar Raiser with C-Team (CTO/CPO)
After each stage, we will try our very best to provide timely (2-3 days) and constructive feedback (where possible)
What You’ll Gain
- Remote-friendly environment
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- Opportunity to work abroad according to our internal policies
- Flexible working arrangements
- Home office set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Contribution towards your utility costs
- The occasional company-wide and team events
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues Our amazing team works in close to 40 different locations with almost 50+ nationalities across the board!