Our vision is to build the next generation platform to enable easy and fast creation of audio and video content powered by cutting-edge AI. Toward the tail end of 2022, Descript hit two large milestones; we’ve raised a $50 million Series C led by OpenAI, and introduced a massive product release in Storyboard.
We’re now searching for a Technical Recruiter to join our team on a contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing and recruiting top-tier technical talent for our growing organization. As a Technical Recruiter, you’ll be the go-to resource for your candidates, interviewers, and Hiring Managers. You’ll partner with hiring teams to deliver an experience for candidates and HMs that demonstrates a balance of thoughtfulness and efficiency. Ideally, you love the deep searches for domain experts and hard-to-find candidates, and you’re energized by following the wild world of AI!
- Partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and develop recruiting strategies to attract top-tier technical talent
- Utilize various sourcing strategies to identify and engage with potential candidates, including but not limited to job boards, social media, employee referrals, and networking events
- Calibrate on open jobs and quickly generate multiple pipelines of high quality, diverse candidates
- Assess profiles and resumes through the lens of the hiring teams and act as an accurate first filter for candidate evaluations
- Become the face of great candidate experiences as you lead the interview processes and drive interview feedback with all stakeholders, constantly staying mindful for what’s next with everyone
- Build meaningful relationships with your candidates based on trust, knowledge and service, so that you can become a trusted advisor when career decisions are made
- Provide regular updates to hiring managers on candidate progress and collaborate with the team to identify areas for improvement in the recruiting process
- Create and maintain a pipeline of candidates for future hiring needs
- 3+ years of Recruiting experience for Software Engineers – this could be 3 years of Sourcing experience if you are looking to learn more about closing.
- Proven experience with niche sourcing – Ex. Security SWE, Video SWE, SRE, Research and ML Engineers
- Comfortable with high-volume sourcing, great track record of filling assigned roles
- Motivated to bring a DEI lens to every hiring decision
- Excellent communication skills – you’re comfortable code-switching between selling, evangelizing, facilitating, and storytelling. You’re reliable and quick, but also you’re comfortable naming when something may take longer than you initially expected!
- Your Recruiting decisions are rooted in data – you don’t have to guess what’s working and not
- Experience with an ATS, ideally Greenhouse
Nice to have
- Experience at a Series A or B startup
- Experience in Recruiting Operations or Coordination
- Excited about creative tools and AI
The pay range for this role is $55-65/hour. Final rates will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location, and may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.