Serotonin is seeking an Events Associate to support event planning and execution, and assist with pitching and coordinating speaking opportunities at virtual and in-person events, awards, and event sponsorship. The Events Associate will join Serotonin’s growing Public Relations team and work directly with the Events VP, as well as serve as a connector between Public Relations Managers, Directors, and our client portfolio.
The ideal candidate has an appetite to work on events and community initiatives in the crypto, NFT and wider Web3 space, with an emphasis on highlighting thought leaders and leading products to developers, business, and consumer audiences. The Events Associate should have their finger on the pulse of what’s happening in Web3 and related technology sectors and embed themselves in the community in order to surface new events, hackathons, and opportunities to secure client speaking slots and awards nominations. Candidates must have a strong interest in these topics with an eagerness to expand their knowledge. This role provides an opportunity to work closely with emerging and established Web3 companies, founders and Serotonin’s all star marketers to bring the most important brands in crypto the world.
- Develop and maintain industry and client event databases, regularly research and add new events as they are announced and communicate them to appropriate client teams.
- Create and maintain an events calendar for the Serotonin client book, working closely with the Events Director to ensure the needs of each client are being tracked and met regularly.
- Actively coordinate discovery calls with event organizers to understand earned and sponsored opportunities, and create summary briefs from calls for internal and client review.
- Actively pitch clients for earned event speaking opportunities; prepare clients with key messaging briefs and media training as needed when opportunities are secured.
- Assist with negotiation of sponsorships for clients with the Events VP.
- Work closely with the client services team and Events VP to create scalable event marketing practices across clients.
- Act as a liaison to the Events VP with event organizers and attendees, clients, venues, suppliers, producers, and vendors to communicate relevant project information and deadlines, as well as respond to any event related questions.
- Available for travel and on-site support for large event activations.
- 2-4 years experience working in agencies, events, PR, social media, and/or marketing for tech companies or related industry
- An incredible ability to prioritize resources, manage multiple clients/projects simultaneously, and to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver, able to glean insights, develop a vision and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, while working cross-functionally with other marketing team members including those responsible for content, PR, and marketing strategies
- Ability to proactively communicate results and blockers to clients, client lead, and/or team members as appropriate
- Remain well-versed in the event strategies of other technology and product teams, and are up to date on technology trends and announcements across the Web3 ecosystem
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with blockchain/Web3 or fintech, or a strong desire to learn
- Professionalism to be client facing
- May require occasional travel for on-site event support
- (Bonus) Have helped organize developer-focused conferences, hackathons, or events
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance – (US Only)
- 401(k) – (US Only)
- Remote Work Environment