The Solana Foundation is dedicated to the adoption, decentralization, and security of the Solana network. Our mission is to help support and grow the Solana network and its community while driving mass adoption for blockchain. The Solana Foundation is working to realize a world where individuals own their data, use permissionless networks, and transfer information freely around the world.
Solana Foundation is looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, procurement to payment (AP), and order to cash (AR) processing.
Company description www.solana.com & https://solana.org/
Solana Foundation is the non-profit organization headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, which is the independent entity that is dedicated to promoting the decentralization, growth and security of the Solana Network.
Location: Remote – with team members sitting in Europe and East-Cost of the US.
Workload: This role is part time, planned for 50 to 60%. Ideal hire needs to be flexible for meetings across different time zones as this hire can be based anywhere in the world.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk will assist in the development of the accounting function at the Solana Foundation and its wholly owned US subsidiary, SF Operations Inc, primarily focused on data entry for the procurement to payment and order to cash processes.
- Executing the accounts payables process, including:
- Verifying invoices against invoice guidelines, following up on missing information
- Prepare invoices with correct accounting codification within the AP system
- Classify transactions for VAT purposes according to established guidelines
- Record paid invoices in the AP and accounting systems
- Executing the accounts receivable process, including:
- Codifying invoices to sponsors per the requirements of the Sponsorships team
- With the assistance of the Senior Accountant, executing account reconciliations for bank accounts, and on-chain wallets for AP and AR activity
- Assist in expense and corporate card management and review of employee spending
- Various ad hoc and on-going assignments as the Controller may require
- Prior relevant experience either in an accounting setting or specializing in accounts payable
- Experience using Bill.com or similar accounts payable automation platforms
- Experience using Airtable, and other automation databases, a plus
- Hands-on experience with creating spreadsheets, reconciliations, and financial reports
- Very solid understanding of accounting principles and applying a chart of accounts
- Experience with Xero, or other similar accounting platforms like Quickbooks
- Comfortable working in the remote work and cloud environment async (Google docs, sheets)
- Curious about the blockchain and digital asset space, a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness
- Accounting degree or relevant certification, a plus