BitMEX was one of the first crypto exchanges for derivatives. It exists to provide institutional and professional traders with a platform that caters to their needs.
BitMEX created the Perpetual Swap, the most popular crypto trading product in history. It is the only major global exchange that continues to create new cryptocurrency derivative products, most recently, the ETH Staking Swap.
On BitMEX, users can trade cryptocurrency derivatives on a professional trading platform that provides low latency, deep liquidity and constant availability. Since 2014, no cryptocurrency has been lost through intrusion or hacking, allowing BitMEX users to trade safely in the knowledge that their funds are secure. Spot trading is also supported, as well as the purchase and conversion of cryptocurrency – BitMEX supports 45+ derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading and the ability for users to convert 30+ cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for individuals who are determined, responsible and collaborative to join BitMEX as we continue to build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem. We value attention to detail, speed and simplicity. As a global business operating a 24/7 exchange, we seek out those who are adaptable and can work across markets and timezones.
For more information on BitMEX, company initiatives and our products, please visit the BitMEX Blog or www.bitmex.com, and follow Discord, Telegram and Twitter.
The BitMEX compliance program aims to lead the virtual asset industry, and the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and maturing the program to this vision. As an AML Investigator, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation and continuous improvement of the BitMEX AML Surveillance program, alongside being responsible for day-to-day transaction monitoring operations. Reporting to the Head of Investigations, you will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with other business units, including KYC, Product and Legal teams, servicing the business on an international level.
- Participate in the implementation and maturity of the selected AML / Trade Surveillance transaction monitoring system, Operating Level Agreement, and procedures
- Actively review transaction monitoring alerts to defined OLA and procedures, and remediate accordingly where escalation is deemed unnecessary
- Conducting account reviews for potentially suspicious behaviour based on transaction monitoring alerts
- Liaise with customers to facilitate review of account activity through to resolution
- Conduct adhoc onchain investigations relating to unusual activity
- Preparation of STRs for filing and other regulatory reports as required
- Supporting external compliance audits
- Responding to regulatory requests and assisting in handling requests from law enforcement pertaining to money laundering
- Reviewing potential sanctions and political exposure matches identified on customers
- Produce management reporting and analysis using Compliance related data
- Provide input to the Investigations team strategy and objectives with a view to proactively initiating improvements to systems, procedures, and key controls
- University degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Deep understanding of financial markets, in particular derivatives trading
- 3 – 5 years of AML transaction monitoring experience
- Demonstrable financial crime investigative skills, with experience of uncovering patterns of suspicious behaviour
- Chainalysis Reactor and KYT certifications preferred
- Demonstrable ability to operate under own initiative
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Keen interest in virtual asset financial services
- Exposure to blockchain transaction analytics monitoring
- Knowledge of data manipulation / extraction / presentation techniques such as SQL queries and Tableau
- Experience conducting investigations in other investigations based Compliance functions (ie Market surveillance, Fraud, Sanctions)