The Markets Technology department works on the development of the applications and strategies for yield farming, staking and algorithmic trading solutions. We work closely with infrastructure and front office teams to understand business context, perform market research and modelling, and build products and automation tools for both front and back end.
The new joiner is expected to be an integral part of the Markets Technology desk, and to directly support the team in all activities related to the line of business. In particular the main focus will be on building products for automated trading services, but he/she will be also involved in modelling, market research, as well as trading execution. The new joiner is expected to be able to work independently according to the different objectives, as he/she is expected to develop a good amount of autonomy with time, and to be proactive in handling the assigned workflow. As part of a cross competency team, he/she will develop both financial and tech skills as he/she will collaborate with front office and infrastructure teams to understand the business context and design high quality solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, automate and improve business efficient tools and applications for the Trading desk.
- Work on market making, execution algorithms as well as order management system.
- Work closely with the Trading and IT teams to develop and maintain various quantitative models.
- Be capable to interact with other business lines and to cooperate on joint projects.
- Be capable to independently manage a team of junior developers.
- Be initiative.
- Participate in client meetings and events both in and outside the office; occasionally beyond regular working hours.
- Bsc/Msc/Phd degree in a technical field: Engineering/Computer Sciences/Maths/Physics or related computational discipline.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience: banking, asset management or tech company on pricing, trading, risks, automation or research implementation. Fresh graduates, but with a strong knowledge of crypto and finance, will also be considered.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python or Typescript.
- Full Stack experience is a plus.
- Algorithmic, numerical methods implementation is helpful.
- Highly-motivated, willing to learn and grow.
- Ability to analyse, prioritise, evaluate and form independent judgments.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English.
WHY HEX TRUST?
Make a difference and get yourself noticed in a rapidly growing company, providing multiple opportunities for career and personal development. We are a dynamic, multi-cultural team of smart, motivated people based in brand new offices in the heart of Hong Kong’s Central business district. We’ll give you tough challenges, while offering rewarding results to match, as well as regular team and social events and flexible working arrangements when needed.
- Diverse and inclusive team: A diverse and international team who come from over 15 countries with diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talent from well known global multinational companies and institutions.
- Ownership & learning-curve: Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the FinTech industry.
- Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open, transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insight into decision making, strategy, and corporate-wide objectives and key results progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. And we constantly strive to improve how we can communicate more effectively.
- Office: We offer both the flexibility to work remotely or to work in >
Please send CV, salary expectation, and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.