There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Associate Product Manager (APM), you’ll play a critical role in building the next generation of crypto products. In this capacity, you’ll partner with engineering, design and cross-functional teams to develop and build mission critical features and platforms. Our APMs and Product Managers play a pivotal role in shaping the future of cryptocurrency and creating an open financial system for the world.
The APM Program is a two year program where you will join two teams across our entire Product organization for approximately two 12-month rotations. Please note, the start date for this program will be August 2023.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Define product requirements and collaborate with a cross-functional team on a frequent basis to execute on product launches.
- Develop and execute against a product strategy that delivers the highest impact to your team, working closely with engineering, design, data and other stakeholders to set goals.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus by conducting user research, upholding product excellence, and analyzing user feedback and metrics to guide product innovation.
- Set success metrics for launches and analyze results throughout various stages to guide product development decisions.
- Become an expert in Coinbase’s strategic and competitive position in the web3 ecosystem and develop a well-rounded understanding of web3 (DeFi, NFTs,Trading, Layer 1 blockchains, DAOs).
- What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)Current students graduating between December 2022 – Summer 2023 who are interested in creating an open financial system; common majors include Business, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics, and Math.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s or master’s degree with less than 2 years of any full-time work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills.
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience working in software product management (optional).
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.