We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see an amazing set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 230 people in over 26 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We believe that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a C++ Developer for one of our teams that will be handling some of our precious games DragonVale, Robbery Bob and Zombie Catchers.
- DragonVale: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dragonvale/id440045374
- Roberry Bob: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/robbery-bob-king-of-sneak/id503869041
- Zombie Catchers: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zombie-catchers-hunt-them/id845918296
- DragonVale: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backflipstudios.android.dragonvale&hl=en&gl=US
- Roberry Bob: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chillingo.robberybobfree.android.row&hl=en&gl=US
- Zombie Catchers: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.twomenandadog.zombiecatchers&hl=en&gl=US
- Understand the game features and implement new features.
- Make sure user experience is consistent and improving.
- Communicate with the product and design team to understand and implement new features.
- Keep user experience smooth during events.
- Implement various incremental suggestions.
- 4+ years of experience as a C++ Game Developer.
- Experience with mobile titles (at least one).
- Working experience on any mobile platform.
- Able to implement memory and performance optimization.
- Able to implement new features as per the product and design requirements.
- Able to maintain the game by debugging and reducing crash rates.
- Able to understand the requirements, imagine how to implement them, and raise concerns if any.
NICE to have:
iOS/Android development, git, JNI, Game engines, very good knowledge of C++, Objective-C, Java, Xcode, and Android Studio.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 26 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with open door policy.