We seek talented human catalysts with a passion for guiding teams to deliver quantifiable results in a structured process, interfacing with stakeholders and consumers of the tech products, and ensuring that these results support Protocol Labs’ topline objectives.
We are hiring a Technical Program Manager, with a strong background in Product Management to help drive and coordinate the development of our work at Protocol Labs – Spaceport’s mission is to provide PL network teams and members with curated resources, connections, and services to help them build and scale web3 enterprises.
In this role, you will engage with experienced interdisciplinary teams to define, design, and build resilient systems for tomorrow’s web. You will help define & drive key initiatives that improve the experience & effectiveness of the technical members & teams in the Protocol Labs ecosystem. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, testing, and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for creating & managing project plans &key milestones. You will work with the product manager & product lead to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. This role will drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per requirements. You will be responsible for the coordination and management of different working groups & network teams to deliver on the plan.
- Product sense
- Skilled in researching, distilling & presenting user needs to multiple types of stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to self-start on proof of concepts & hypothesis testing.
- Deep thinker. Gleans into nth-order effects & implications of solutions at hand. Helps drive teams towards the optimal solution tradeoffs.
- Analytical & critical thinking
- Ability to understand & convey complex technical problems & solutions.
- Drive team decision-making on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high-quality results.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Data-informed & metrics-driven approach to goals & project execution.
- Hyper-focused on execution & impact of the projects.
- Ability to lead several projects at a time with clear objectives & deliverables.
- Lead cross-functional project meetings, communication, and decision-making.
- Lead milestone reviews & present project status to the executive team.
- Keep program/project artifacts up to date and manage project document repository.
- Lead cross-functional development of project teams across the full PDLC.
- Be accountable for the team’s execution of a roadmap and clarity on the what, why, and how to meet their objectives.
- Able to flesh out product design spec(s).
- Help determine the resource needs of the team & prioritize the backlog/issues with the team.
- Ensure the team makes effective and timely decisions.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of web3 & blockchain technology.
- Prior experience working with multiple teams, founders & executive leadership
- Experience working in Open Source projects
- Proven success in influencing and developing productive working relationships with diverse technical teams and stakeholders
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs’ mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
The base pay for this position currently ranges from , plus cryptocurrency, equity, and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency and equity. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.