Oyster is looking for a Director of Pay Customer Experience to help us build and deliver a best in class Customer Experience within the Pay Business Unit. This is a critical customer-facing role within the Finance organization reporting directly to the Vice President of the Pay Business Unit. The Pay Business Unit is responsible for the calculation, processing and payment of accurate and timely payroll and associated invoicing to a rapidly growing customer base. This position will be instrumental in shaping our customer experience, strategy and operations. This includes leading the scaling of a world class customer support team in a complex and nuanced payroll and invoicing landscape within a hyper-growth environment. Scaling involves automation of processes, identifying best practices, and using the tools effectively (Zendesk, Netsuite and the Oyster platform) for an amazing Customer Experience whilst developing, hiring, motivating and structuring a growing global distributed team (currently ~25).
This role, while it directly reports to the VP of Pay, forms part of a matrix organization with close dependencies/working relationships on Customer leads responsible for other parts of the customer journey and the customer support excellence team (who can help drive process improvements and a consistent customer experience). To be successful in this role you would be adept at operating within such a structure while also being able to work cross functionally with the rest of the organization (Product, Operations and Payroll teams) to deliver the automation / process improvements required to deliver a world class experience for the customer and team members.
The Director of Pay Customer Experience should have extensive experience leading a customer support function ideally in a customer centric, high growth environment with similar complexities to what the Pay business faces at Oyster. The ideal candidate would also be passionate about the Oyster mission.
- Develop, lead, motivate and drive best practices across a globally distributed Pay Customer Experience team.
- Lead operational design, metric and goal development for Pay Customer Experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Customer and Team Member journey and work cross-functionally to evolve it to the ideal customer experience.
- Make data driven decisions to deliver an amazing customer experience in a scalable manner.
- Proactively manage customer challenges and process changes related to the Pay part of the customer journey.
- Implement solid governance structures to ensure delivery tracks to agreed service levels, and quality frameworks.
- Develop a deep understanding of pay and payroll processes as relevant to the customer experience.
- Work cross functionally to deliver on process improvements.
- Increase team member satisfaction through delivering an exceptional customer support experience
- Ensure relevant tools are used effectively and efficiently to deliver best in class operational delivery
- Contribute to the growth of a knowledge database to allow for customer/ team member self service.
- 10+ years experience within a customer-facing or operations leadership role, with a focus on driving customer satisfaction, adoption & expansion of a technology platform.
- 6+ years of management/leadership experience including managing a global team.
- Technology company experience, ideally in a SaaS company during a period of hypergrowth, ideally in a similar complex, nuanced product.
- Proven track record of delivering extremely high levels of satisfaction across a customer base, whilst taking pride in driving operational efficiencies.
- Familiarity with finance and accounting operations including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, and Payments.
- Experience working in a matrixed cross functional organization with strong partnership and relationship-building skills.
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
- Highly analytical, process-oriented and not afraid to get into the details
- Experience working with Zendesk or similar CRM technology
- Experience working with data visualization tools (ex. Looker) and ERP systems (ex. NetSuite)
- BONUS: Experience leading and collaborating with distributed teams.
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills