As a Question & Answer Writer (QA Writer), you will work closely with our nursing content team, which consists of other writers and editors. The questions you create will be illustrated and turned into one of our amazing answer pages! You will create written content that explains a disease or pathophysiology of a disease to pre-licensure nursing and medical students. This is a part-time, contract, fully remote position.
- Research and write answer pages following the Osmosis style guidelines
- Edit and revise written materials based on feedback from editors and experts
- Participate in team meetings and 1:1s with editors or team managers
- Work with illustrators to add creative components to the answer pages
What You Bring
- Must be a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Medical Doctor (MD or equivalent)
- Available to dedicate 5-10 hours of work per week consistently
- Preferred: education experience
How You Work
- You must be regularly available during Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5)
- You have access to a work environment that is conducive to working remotely (stable internet and computer)
- Receptive to constructive feedback on style and substance
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and constantly seek new knowledge.
- Solutions Oriented. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment.
This is a part-time, contract, fully remote position.
One of our values is to Open Your Arms. In line with this, Osmosis from Elsevier is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.