We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to join us at Block and partner with the marketing organization overseeing Afterpay, Cash App Pay, and other emerging business lines. You will work directly with leadership in driving and evolving the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for this organization, while also establishing foundational processes for new initiatives. As this marketing organization develops, you will also have input into and responsibility for furthering F&S’s partnership model with business partners.
You will sit within the Cash App Corporate Finance team, which manages financial processes (annual planning, capital allocation, business tracking and measurement) across the Cash App organization and provides analytical support for Cash App senior management. You will report to the Finance & Strategy lead responsible for Cash App, Afterpay, and new initiatives marketing.
This position can be based in any Cash App/Block Office in the US or be full time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Be the primary finance partner to the evolving marketing organization and collaborate across all levels and departments (growth, brand, in-store, operations, product marketing), be the go-to person for financial analysis and strategic support
- Lead the allocation, budget tracking, and accounting close processes for marketing and finance stakeholders across varied business lines
- Partner with other teams (Marketing Science, Marketing Ops, among others) to analyze and surface the impact of different marketing efforts on GMV, gross profit, and customer acquisition and retention
- Improve upon and further automate existing marketing finance and operations processes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (investment banking, consulting, investing roles, corporate finance/FP&A, marketing finance, marketing analytics)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Familiarity with marketing finance terminology and frameworks
- Ability and willingness to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty