We have a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join our Marketing Team to assist with our influencer and affiliate marketing. As a result of our growth, both our affiliate program and influencer partner network has expanded significantly.
This new role will assist with influencer and affiliate marketing, participate in project management, and collaborate with team members and stakeholders. The right candidate will embrace learning new technology tools, identify opportunities for improvement, and have a genuine interest in the creator landscape and its various segments. Training and mentorship will be provided. There will be opportunities to interact with different teams within our marketing and sales departments and gain exposure to various aspects of the marketing function.
The influencer marketing internship is perfect for anyone with excellent organization and communication skills, as well as someone who is a keen observer of trends in the creator economy. We expect that you will be able to conceptualize compelling marketing campaigns, coordinate their delivery, and analyze their results to make strategic recommendations.
This position is ideal for a recent grad or current college student looking to build their career in the digital marketing and communications space, and someone who wants to make a significant impact at a growing startup.
This is a paid part-time REMOTE internship.
What will you do?
- Identify key areas of expansion for our influencer partnership rolodex, including new and emerging platforms like TikTok, YouTube Shorts, etc.
- Develop new strategies for outreach in both the influencer and affiliate spaces, with an emphasis on small business content creators and their clientele
- Engage with our affiliate community, including application review, applicant surveying, data analysis and more
- Meet with aspiring and established creators to strengthen Descript’s understanding of the content creation landscape
- Partner with our Business Development team to leverage integrated marketing campaign opportunities.
This is an entry-level position, and we will train you on the job, but we are looking for as many of the following abilities as possible:
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Analytical & strategic thinker with a healthy love of data
- Broad understanding of the creator landscape and its segments
- Proactive self-starter that can work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results
- Thrives in fast-paced environments while meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm and energy to learn and tackle new challenges
- Wants to break into a marketing career
- Previous marketing experience
- Is a content creator in their own right
- Previous B2B and B2C experience
- Experience working with CRM tools like Upfluence, Creator IQ; affiliate platforms like LinkMink, PartnerStack; and social media management tools like Sprout, Hootsuite, as well as native platform scheduling tools like Meta Creator Studio, YouTube Studio
- Worked with creator-oriented tools (Adobe, Final Cut, Canva)
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.