Ding is the world’s leading universal top-up service. Founded in 2006, born from seeing something that wasn’t there. More than 80% of the world’s 5 billion mobile phones are now prepaid – and growing. We believe mobile phones can change lives and we want to improve people’s lives by helping those with less gain access to more.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has employees working across the world!
We are proud of our culturally diverse team of more than 200 employees, all with unique personalities who support our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people who embody our core values:
- We are Customer Curious
- We are Thinkers, Linkers & Doers
- We Work Better Together
- We Seek Out that Spark
About this role:
We’re looking for an experienced iOS Swift Developer to join our app team, reporting to the iOS Engineering Team Lead you’ll play an integral role in Ding, keeping our users topped up. You’ll have at least 3 years of experience in iOS development, with strong knowledge of Swift and iOS frameworks. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining our iOS applications, collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features whilst ensuring high performance and responsiveness of the applications.
What we need you to do:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform using Swift
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Stay up to date with iOS development trends, technologies and best practices
What we are looking for:
- 3 years+ experience in iOS development
- Proficient in Swift and iOS frameworks such as UIKit
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of iOS architecture patterns such as MVC, MVVM, and VIPER
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with Git for version control
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Ding is committed to creating equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We know that experience looks different for everyone – if you believe your proven experience would suit this role and is what we are looking for we encourage you to apply.
Life at Ding:
At Ding, we are striving to grow and nurture a culture that is inclusive, global, and equitable but most of all fun! In addition, to your basic salary and bonus there are many benefits also available across Ding. Some are recent additions, some have been enhanced and others have been there all along!
- YOLO days & Dingiversary Leave: Additional holidays the year of your 4th/7th/10th/13th Anniversary)
- Flexible & Hybrid Working: We recognise the need to use space and working practices in ways that best support you
- Work Abroad Programme: The opportunity to work for 30 days from another country each year
- Tax Free Remote Working Allowance: of up to €70 per month
- Wellness Programme: With monthly events, both virtual and in-person
- Ding Dollars: Flexible benefit allowance allowing you to tailor your benefit choice
- Referral Fees and introduced Hot Jobs with a referral fee of €10,000
- Enhanced Family Policies
Our aim is to build and run the safest, simplest, most effective and convenient top-up technology, in partnership with the best operators and platforms. Now more than ever we realise the importance of keeping in touch and here at Ding we believe a little goes a long way.