Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be regularly business partnering with internal departments, and contribute by timely and accurate processing, whilst driving process change to ensure our systems and processes are always best-in-class. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant who is proactive, able to multitask, and prioritise work to accommodate the requirements of a dynamic and growing business.
- Manage accounts payable administration across all group entities
- Manage accounts receivable across all group entities including monthly revenue reconciliations across payment service providers, in-game revenue, and advertising revenue
- Maintain weekly bank reconciliations to accelerate month-end processes
- Assist the team with other month end activities and audits
- Prepare royalty statements and track game performance on a monthly basis
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as required to support Finance Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Completed or near completion of articles
- Minimum +3 years relevant experience in an accounting/finance role with strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Energetic and ready to make a difference as we go through an exciting period of growth
- Self-starter that’s able to handle multiple tasks and complete assignments within deadlines
- Reliable team-player; flexible and willing to support in other areas when required
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market