We are looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial and inquisitive Junior Legal Counsel to join our rapidly growing Legal, Risk and Compliance Group at South-east Asia’s fastest growing Web3 company. As a member of our legal team, you will be at the forefront of the legal web3 space and have the opportunity to develop an exciting career as a trailblazer in this exciting and rapidly growing industry.
What you’ll do-
- Support and advise on multiple areas of the business, including: corporate secretarial, commercial, regulatory, fund raising, M&A, data privacy, IP, product, AML/ KYC and business development matters.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, analyze and mitigate legal and regulatory risks related to the introduction of new products. Assist with regulatory compliance, including AML/KYC obligations and data protection laws.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the regulatory advisory function and provide updates to the latest crypto regulations globally.
- Review, update and draft user agreements, and other external facing terms and conditions, leveraging external advisors and providers where appropriate.
- Maintain and organize the legal team’s virtual data room and minute book.
- Advise on corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the cryptocurrency industry and related laws and regulations.
What you’ll need-
- A law degree from a recognized and accredited institution, admitted to a common law jurisdiction with prior fintech/M&A/finance/regulatory/capital markets experience.
- At least 1-3 years PQE, mix of reputable law firm and in-house experience, crypto experience is a bonus.
- Comfortable with operating in gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts.
- Ability to work independently in a team in a fast paced and growing startup environment.
- Willing to serve as both a legal advisor and a business partner to the team.
- Exposure and the desire to dive deep into the world of crypto and decentralized finance.