We’re looking for a Mid-Senior People & Talent Partner to lead our People Operations function at Charlie.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a “Title/Level”?
We have a career progression framework that includes Individual Contributor (IC) and People Manager (PM) tracks. Level 1 is a junior, level 4 is a senior, and levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area. This role is for a Level 3.1-4.0.
In this role you will:
As our People & Talent Partner you will:
People Ops Lead
- Lead the People Ops function at Charlie to deliver an experience that enables us to achieve our company goals
- Own, evolve and embed our People Ops vision and strategy in the organisation, communicating how all the work you do feeds into this
- Be responsible for our overall employee experience and benefits at Charlie, everything from DE&I to flexible working policies to budgets to wellbeing
- Ensure that our holistic employee offering and ways of working drive positive business outcomes
- Be the first port-of-call for ER issues (with the support of our client-facing HR Advice team)
- Work closely with our Chief of Staff to understand business context and resourcing needs
- Support each Hiring Manager (along with our Culture Ops Associate II) across the entire hiring process and ensure they follow best practices
- Source candidates when necessary to ensure we attract a diverse and representative pool of candidates and conduct phone screens when necessary
- Design an effective way of reporting, constantly optimising our hiring processes using data and learnings as you go
Progression & development
- Own all processes and tools linked to progression and development (review cycles, L&D, progression framework, personal development plans etc.)
- Ensure that our approach to progression and development is empowering for both team members and Managers, and iterate on it appropriately
People Manager partner
- Facilitate the delivery of learning programmes for People Managers to make sure they have the skills they need to succeed
- Hold regular 1:1s to support on any issues or concerns they may have and support them through the entire employee lifecycle (from hiring and onboarding all the way to offboarding)
You must have/be:
- 4+ years experience in People Operations
- An excellent communicator; you have the ability to inspire and engage the team with your words
- A strategic thinker; you can always understand and communicate your work’s strategic value and have a prioritisation framework you know and trust
- Known for your unrivalled organisation
- An optimiser mindset; you’re always spotting opportunities to tweak and refine processes
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
We will still consider applications even if you don’t meet every single one of the above requirements, so don’t be put off if you don’t match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a permanent full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we’re crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of ~40 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights — our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 6 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable “nomad working” days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London’s pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 3x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here
- A benchmarked salary from £54,500 to £64,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- Equity options after 3 months
- A huge focus on mental health; access to Spill, offering six 121 counselling sessions, and much more
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
- £550 yearly learning budget
- £500 yearly flexible working budget
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays + 2 additional days off over Christmas
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.