As an experienced designer working on projects or partnering with studio companies, you’ll establish brand identity and positioning for alpha and beta products. You’ll push pixels and participate in strategic conversations to shape how new products communicate who they are and what they do.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about brands and working across every facet of identity and marketingfrom logos and naming conventions to style guides and design systems to websites and campaignsthis role could be a fit. We’re looking for someone who loves hands-on design work and can contribute strategically to early-stage projects and companies.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Defining, developing, and delivering our products’ visual design systems and brand experiences and working with content, brand, product, developers, and design leadership to create smart design solutions for new and existing branding challenges.
- Refining and refreshing existing visual designs.
- Contributing to and improving our design culture (best practices, tools, deliverables, communications, relationships, etc.)
- Handling a continually changing workload.
- Leading dedicated project teams in design thinking.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- 5-10 years experience in brand design.
- An outstanding eye for detail and consistency, combined with a deep understanding of branding, typography, color, usability, grid systems, and mobile first frameworks.
- Strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Solid visual design foundation (typography, layout, etc.).
- Proficiency with leading design software including Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to see an assignment from inception to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple, varying projects.
- Experience building out and evolving a wide range of brand identity systems from scratch.
- Worked with early-stage companies.
As a company, we realize talent is evenly distributed worldwide, but opportunity is not. We believe you should work where you can have the best impact and live where you can have the best life.
The salary range for this position is $157,000 to $190,000 for a full-time employee based in the United States, but it may vary depending on your specific skills and experience. We’ve invested the time and effort to develop salary levels for all of our roles for individual contributors and managers. These levels are based on national compensation data, and are weighted to be competitive in the most expensive markets in the US. Final leveling and cash compensation will be determined at the end of the interview process.
In addition to base salary, our team receives equity and various other benefits. We offer all US employees and their dependents comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 90% of the employee premium and 70% for qualifying dependents. US-based employees may also participate in our 401k, and we also offer life insurance.
Everyone on the team is eligible for a bonus for meeting colleagues in person (an opportunity to build precious relationship capital with teammates), and our monthly distributed facilities supplement. The latter is money we add to everyone’s payroll for you to set up a productive and distraction-free work environment, no strings attached, and no receipts required.
How We Work
We’ve recently decided to work seasonallyfocused periods of work with limited breaks, followed by 2 consecutive weeks off together at the same time. This means we work hard from early January to mid-July, take a break, focus on output from mid-July through late December, and then take another break. It means other things too, but we’ll explain it when we get into the interview process.
This Principal brand designer role is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Brand Design. This role can be based in any location within the US. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred.
All Turtles is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.