At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Look through our Careers Page to see our story, learn about our team and browse some of our benefits. Diversity at Drip is more than welcomed. It’s celebrated.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the VP of Product and joining an existing team of world-class UX designers, you will take the brand and aesthetics of the user experience to the next level within a fast-paced and experimental environment. You keep customers top-of-mind and will relentlessly seek and advocate the highest convenience and ease of functional use of the product. Our Principal Product designer will be a beacon for all facets of the design process.
This is a great opportunity to shape a rapidly evolving product in a fast-growing venture-backed company. This person will help us deliver great ecommerce marketing capabilities, growing our customer’s businesses.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Hybrid coach, player role
- Becoming THE expert in our customers and finding ways of unlocking empathy and furthering our comprehension
- Providing UX thought-leadership, coaching, mentorship, and guidance
- Collaborating with other Principals and leadership to develop and realize a vision for the next generation of our application
- Prioritizing and discovering new solutions in partnership with Product leadership
- Keeping the pulse on the health of our customer experience and taking action when corrections or adjustments are needed
- Using customer insight data to identify areas for improvement within existing customer journeys or produce product recommendations
- Participating in all stages of a project including customer insights, product strategy, conception, prototyping, and release
- Being a connector across teams and departments, ensuring a consistent and seamless experience
- Advancing a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
- Mentoring peers and other designers on how best to accomplish intuitive SaaS experiences and interjecting with suggestions and best practices if needed
- And finally, design…creating internal and external deliverables including, but not limited to; Journey Maps, Interaction flows, Storyboards, Prototypes
Core Traits We Look For:
- Your world revolves around the customer!
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable
- You believe in progress over perfection
- You’re a boss at providing constructive feedback and leading and mentoring other designers.
- You’ve got top-notch problem-solving skills and can think creatively to find amazing solutions to even the most complex design challenges.
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator, able to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams to achieve our collective goals.
- You’ve got experience conducting user research and usability testing
- You have strong, core principles about product design and an acute focus on reliability and usability, not just functionality and visuals
- Experience with iterative design, experimentation, and evidence-based decision making
- Understands and has operated within an Objectives and Key Results framework
- Expert knowledge of ecommerce, usability, and experience-design
- Bonus is having experience with ESP’s, CRM’s, Onboarding, and a strong business acumen
- High proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma
- Nice to have: Product Board, MIRO, JIRA
- Effective communication, presentation, and idea translation abilities
- An amazing portfolio that outlines your process and outcomes.
The Interview Process:
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Recruiter Screen – 30 min Zoom Video Call
- Hiring Manager Screen – 30 min Zoom Video Call
- Portfolio Review – 1 hr Zoom Video Call with Two Team Members
- Team Interview – Around 2.5 hours to meet with the Drip Team
- Team Debrief, we will meet to discuss openly about our conversations and share feedback for the hiring managers final decision. Regardless of outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our wildly talented and in-touch leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture – many of our crew members work remotely. We have a hub in Minneapolis, MN and a European Hub in Aarhus, Denmark for in person collaboration.
- Finally, just good humans…no jerks!