The Orders team oversees the platform that powers all sales and order management at Square. One of the big areas of Orders is Order management that focuses on powering all forms of commerce via expanded product offerings, more channels and delightful buyer experiences while also increasing order management productivity. As a PM in the Order Creation team (part of Order Management), you will have the exciting opportunity to lead a critical area for enabling all forms of commerce driving sizable seller, buyer and business impact for Square. You will be responsible for creating intuitive cart building and order creation experiences for sellers and buyers across all verticals, while also adapting the E2E order creation flow to specific vertical needs such as restaurants, retail or appointments. This role offers big design, product, and platform challenges, as well as the opportunity building for all of Square’s markets. You’ll get to work with almost every team within Square, and have a chance to think deeply about the multi-year roadmap for space to drive long-term impact. Join us and help enable the next generation of commerce formats.
As the Product Manager for our Orders Creation team, you will oversee the full stack of features and solutions needed to help Square Sellers to start and manage orders for their customers in all the markets we currently operate in. This includes ownership of the full cart experiences on all of our mobile Point of Sale products (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments, Square Invoices) solutions. You will advocate for the voice of our sellers, buyers and developers to provide global order creation experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but are a competitive advantage for Square and delightful to use. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee one of the most recognizable parts of Square’s omni-channel commerce solution.
- Use feedback and insights from sellers, buyers and developers across multiple markets to continuously improve our order creation experience to be faster, more intuitive, and better able to handle the new ways buyers want to order in 2023+.
- Work with engineering, design, and QA to foster team dynamics
- Lead product strategy, planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals. You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Guide the creation of reusable platform solutions that are delightful, scalable and remarkable
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog.
- Report to the current Order Management Product Lead.
- Experience building consumer or platform products (Cart & Checkout experience is a plus) – including experience working on reusable mobile components; experience in the e-commerce/retail/payments industry or working on global products is desirable.
- Strong product strategy acumen and product sense delivered via powerful written artifacts.
- Excellent at cross team communication, coordination and project prioritization
- Deep seller empathy and the ability to work with design to distill seller-facing use cases into remarkable features
- Cross platform (web/mobile/server) technical foundation.
- A work style that uses data to make informed decisions.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer or solutions architect is desirable.
- Experience with Square’s mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources