We’re looking for a third PM to join our team, with a specific focus on our user-facing feature set.
The product team currently consists of our co-founder (who has been a Head of Product in a past role), and two senior PMs.
To date, we’ve gotten by without product managers by having strong engineers and designers who can fill in the gaps, and experienced product leadership. But with ~20 engineers on our team (and growing), product management is becoming a bottleneck in producing high-quality output.
In this role, you’ll work on our core product. You’ll focus on a feature set that includes onboarding, ordering, reporting, customization, integration: encompassing most of the user-facing feature set at Tremendous.
It’s a great role for someone with a builder background who wants to apply their experience at a fast-growing startup. You’ll learn a ton from experienced product leadership; the role reports to Kapil (co-founder) who was previously a Head of Product at AngelList.
- Manage our product roadmap. You’ll be working with stakeholders to help figure out what to build and when to build it. When there’s uncertainty, you’ll be expected to figure it out and generate clarity for the rest of the team.
- Frame up problems. You’ll be expected to explain what problems we are solving and why. This helps our engineers and designers understand how to solve those problems.
- Conduct research and analysis. In order to frame those problems well, you’ll need to collect supporting evidence–from user interviews, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate without meetings. Tremendous has an async, non-meeting culture. This can be tricky for a PM who has previously been accustomed to doing work in meetings, which is the default at most organizations. Expect to do a lot of writing!
- Persuade with a light touch. Not everyone will agree on priorities; it’s the PM’s responsibility to help drive to a decision in a way that everyone feels included in the process.
- Report back on what’s working. Once we ship, you’ll be responsible for helping the team understand the impact of their work.
- 6+ years building and shipping web applications as a designer, engineer, or product manager at tech companies.
- 3+ years as a PM in startup environments.
- The ability to take a long-term strategy and a big feature backlog, and translate that into roadmaps.
- The ability to manage uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make decisive calls without enough information.
- Empathy for users and a desire to talk to them about their problems.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A light touch and team-first mentality. PMs at Tremendous are not the “CEO of the product”, but rather are a supporting function for our builders.
What’s cool about the role
- You’ll get to work with a top-notch team at Tremendous
- You’ll work on a fast growing team. Revenue has tripled over the last year, and the team size has grown quickly too. Growth means more opportunities to learn and advance
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We’re a remote company. Work from wherever you want