Prisma’s growth to the position of default ORM in the TypeScript environment hinges upon the ORM Team’s commitment to providing an exceptional developer experience, as well as their capacity to harmoniously combine the introduction of new features with the maintenance of our developer community through bug fixes and other quality enhancements. Your charter will be to lead this team, give them structure and have them execute flawlessly on the defined product roadmap. We anticipate you to be responsible for:
- People: Empower your engineering team to deliver a high level of technical quality and impact and ensure that the members of your team have what they need to do their best work.This includes giving constructive feedback, creating opportunities for them to learn, grow and be challenged, clarity on why their work matters and how it connects to our company-wide KPIs. We believe that starting with the people is the way to build effective and healthy teams.
- Process: Implement and improve our development processes and technical practices. We’re sticklers for optimization, if it can be done better, we strive to find that method. You will lead engineering team meetings to plan and prioritize work, run retrospectives to identify improvements, define policies to improve communication, collaboration, and quality.
- Delivery: Success for your team means predictable delivery of valuable high quality software at a sustainable pace. You will work closely with the ORM Product Manager to balance product initiatives, agree on a roadmap and deliver technical improvements.
An Ideal Candidate Profile
We believe the right candidate for this position should meet a majority of the criteria listed below.
- A proven and demonstrable track record for leading software engineering teams.
- Previous experience as a software engineer in a team environment.
- Applied knowledge of agile project and team management.
- High standards for quality, balanced with pragmatism and a sense of purpose.
- Focused on helping your team understand the why.
- Experience shipping Open Source libraries.
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are structured in your thought process, plan well and lead by example.
- Knowledge of databases (both SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with our technology stack: TypeScript and Rust.
What’s it like to work at Prisma?
You’re likely to be a great fit for the team if you …
- … have an ownership mindset. As an Engineering Manager leading the ORM team, you’ll have an outsized impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- … stay nimble. It’s a startup, things change and you are ok with that. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- … be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to influence and lead the development of one of the fastest growing open-source tools.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space.
- Working with a fun team!
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Even if you are in Berlin (or are thinking of moving there), whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in is up to you! To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19: The above opportunity to move to Berlin is dependent on current travel restrictions.
What is our hiring process like?
- Introductory Call with our COO.
- Written Assignment followed by a debrief call with members from Product, Engineering and/or Leadership Team.
- Interview with Engineers from the ORM Team.
- Final Interview with our CEO.
The above serves as a basic outline, we might choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
If you believe that this is the right position for you then please send your resume along with any supporting documentation or information to us via the link provided on this page. We typically respond within 7 business days.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.