Product Managers have the unique opportunity and responsibility to both define product vision and drive results. On this team, you’ll get to work with one of the leading AI and NLP teams in the world and grow the product vision and company culture.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Senior Product Manager, your responsibilities include:
Customer Engagement and Research
- Work with developers and enterprise customers to understand their needs and pain points through feedback, focus groups, customer interviews, conferences, etc.
- Research the competitive landscape, industry trends, and stay up to date on the latest AI and deep learning papers from leading conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, etc.) to find new ideas and inspire the team
- Analyze product data to understand usage and find opportunities for improvement
- Work with leadership to shape and understand company strategy and goals
Design and Product Development
- Leverage insights from customer engagement to define and prioritize a product roadmap
- Spec and design improvements and features, including defining metrics for success
- Propose new initiatives and features
- Work with partners and leadership to prioritize short and long-term investments
- Make tradeoffs during unforeseen challenges uncovered in the development process
- Lead internal product planning, coordinating team resources and informing stakeholders
- Ensure projects are rolled out with clear metrics and hypotheses and define the next steps for success
- Market and celebrate successes and document learnings, internally and externally
Team and Company Impact
- Embrace adjacent roles and responsibilities per team and project needs — it’s a startup after all!
- Promote a culture of learning and listening
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience with at least 3 years working on a Cloud or Infra product
- Extensive experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field (math, EE, etc.), or relevant technical experience
- A scrappy, startup mentality to move fast, iterate quickly, learn on the go, and take initiative
- Great communication and interpersonal skills working across different teams, personalities, and working styles
- Experience working on a developer-facing product such as an API
- [Optional] advanced technical degree (MS or PhD), or a background in machine learning, algorithms, large-scale systems, and statistics
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Free daily lunch
- Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
- 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
- Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
- Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
- 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays