We are changing the game… SwissBorg is here to put Crypto assets back into the hands of ordinary people by allowing them to manage and create their own wealth.
SwissBorg is Europe’s fastest growing Crypto app and since launching in 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland our innovative app has taken the market by storm! We currently offer 54 different cryptocurrencies, operate in 100+ different countries and have a community base of 650,000+ users.
SwissBorg is looking for a Senior Scala Engineer to play a key role in the back-end development of SwissBorg’s Platform team. The purpose of this team is to act at the service of the engineering team by focusing on delivering a robust foundation of common functionalities and platforms (CI / CD, AB Testing, etc.), mission-critical strategic initiatives, advising on best practices & effective patterns.
You are going to work on a multitude of microservices iterating and improving on the architecture, scalability and developer experience. . You will focus on leading mission critical projects in scalability, cryptography and security bringing SwissBorg to the next order of magnitude of users.
Our stack includes:
Libraries: Cats Effect 3, Tapir, Sttp, Fs2, Akka
Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, PostgreSQL, Kafka
Architecture: microservices, Event Sourcing, Reactive
There are endless opportunities at SwissBorg, you will join a talented engineering department working with some of the best Scala Engineers in Europe. And from us, you can expect an environment that offers transparency, promotes a genuine healthy work-life balance to enable you to do your best work and a team of humble and motivated engineers.
As a Scala Engineer you will:
- Identify requirements for backend architecture design and API with the engineering team
- Solve challenging problems in the context of finance and distributed systems
- Write rigorous automated tests and ensure code quality and documentation
- Optimise the code for performance
- Support and coach junior team members
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring
- Help the product to design the requirements for a feature, providing technical guidance early in the process
- Take part in the continuous improvement of the overall technical architecture
- Solid experience working with Scala
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial thinking – customer value should be your key driver
- An interest in finance and cryptocurrencies/blockchain
- Experience in cryptography or willing to learn
What we can offer you:
Annual bonus Training and development budget
The latest MacBook Pro
CHSB welcome bonus
Flexible working hours – we believe in outcome over output
Vacation days + local bank holidays
Company wide retreats
Continuous learning and development opportunities