As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch – taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our tokenized commodities platforms.
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation.
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks.
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions.
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms).
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders.
You might also have:
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expert in at least one domain like Queuing Systems, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS.
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management.
- Familiar with online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or FIX, sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast.
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs.