eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, and KnownOrigin, one of the most innovative non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces, announced in June 2022 that eBay has acquired KnownOrigin.
KnownOrigin’s technology and platform provides artists a place to create unique, authentic, digital collectables, in the form of NFTs. This acquisition is an important step in eBay’s tech-led reimagination, ushering in a new era of digital collecting to the world’s top destination for collectables.
KnownOrigin, which was founded in 2018 in Manchester, UK, enables artists and collectors to create, buy and resell NFTs via blockchain-support transactions. Since its founding, KnownOrigin has seen significant growth as it has revolutionised the way people create, buy, and sell NFTs.
Based in the heart of Manchester city centre, this newly created hybrid role will lead a team in a dynamic and agile environment and be responsible for engineering and delivering solutions which are capable of onboarding millions of users into the web 3.0 space. As a Lead Protocol Engineer, this opening will advocate for best practice, modern, agile software engineering practices and technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Web3 Solidity Engineer to join the team and help us define, deliver and realise our vision for the KnownOrigin / eBay NFT protocol. You will have the ability to work across teams and lead an internal Web3 community.
What you’ll be working on…
- Build rich configurable and customizable NFT contracts covering various different use cases and requirements
- Working closely with the wider Product and Engineering teams to flesh out and deliver a feature rich and extensive set of smart contracts for use on the platform
- Building order book protocols responsible for settling millions of trades in a secure, GAS efficient and UX friendly way
- Building efficient payment protocols for FX swaps and secure custodial and non-custodial NFT and other crypto asset exchanges.
- Design and build an extensible NFT contracts framework
- Integration of the smart contract suite into various parts of the application stack.
- Helping upskill less experienced members of the team in how to write and deploy complex smart contract systems
You will need to have:
- Experience in building and supporting different types of Smart contract standards include ERC721, ERC721(A), ERC1155, EIP-2981, ERC20, ERC173, ERC712, EIP1271
- Experience in understanding the various forms of smart contract upgradability patterns and when to use them, along with trade-offs
- Experience in integration of smart contracts into various applications including web applications, API services and indexers.
- Proficient and professional production experience in building and deploying Solidity based Smart Contracts on EVM based blockchains
- Extensive experience in using NodeJS/TypeScript
- A strong background in writing test driven and secure smart contract applications
- Awareness of common smart contract security flaws and hacks etc
- An understanding of basic cryptography techniques and patterns
- Experience in empowering others to learn
And you may also have experience in:
- Rust programming language
- Subgraph hosted or decentralised network development and deployment
- Understanding and or delivery products with leverage modern forms of Account Abstraction
- IPFS / Arweave or other Decentralised file storage solutions
- Foundry, hardhat or Truffle suite
- Solidity testing frameworks
- Solidity libraries such as OpenZeppelin
- Open source order books such as SeaPort