As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch – taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our crypto-brokerage platform.
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Lead code reviews, advocate for higher quality and engineering efficiency and help onboard new members into your team
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Experienced in enterprise-grade security, scalability and a reliable new-age customer identity and access management (CIAM)
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Able to apply both OO and functional style to coding
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expert in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, DAST, AAA implementation
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency systems
- Familiar with web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance B2B2C APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant security assessment