AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a passionate Technical Project Manager to act as the liaison between our Product team and Engineering teams. This person will help to translate product requirements into technical ones, ensure projects are staying on track, and communicate changes in scope, priority, or timelines to the appropriate stakeholders. We want someone who will increase the operating efficiency of the engineering teams and ensure that their efforts align with what the product team expects.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate kickoff meetings between product and engineering (project conception)
- Write scoping documents to ensure the product requirements are met at a technical level (project kickoff)
- Create the Jira epics and projects and keep them up to date (project management)
- Communicate timeline or priority changes to the appropriate stakeholders (stakeholder management)
- Articulate the priorities of various projects to leadership so that they understand the tradeoffs
- Help to organize efforts such that high priority projects get completed on time
- Present weekly project updates to ensure the business and technology groups are aligned on roadmap progress
You’ll love this job if you….
- Enjoy working at the intersection of business and technology
- Enjoy working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Would like to work in an environment where your efforts can have a large impact
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager, working closely with the business & internal engineering teams
- Strong technical background with experience working with software engineers and data scientists
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Be a Driver. You anticipate challenges and opportunities, taking initiative to prevent problems before they arise and capitalize on emerging trends to drive progress towards your goals.
- Resolute intellect. You rapidly assimilate new information and skills with a steadfast determination to expand your knowledge and expertise, persisting through challenges and actively seeking opportunities to apply them effectively in your work.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and are able to build consensus among stakeholders with competing priorities.
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat