Growth through Happy Humans in High Performing Teams. That’s our mission here at Pleo.
In order to achieve that, we strive to give everyone the opportunity to work in an environment which is best suited to them; which will give them the opportunity to focus, thrive and perform in the best way possible. We recognise that this looks different for everyone – which is exactly why we foster a flexible working culture.
For some of our Pleo’ers, ideal working conditions are from the comfort of their own home, and for many of our Pleo’ers, being in an office is super important to their success.
With 650+ people spanning across our 6 main workplace locations, and multiple smaller hubs, ensuring that our offices are exciting and effective places for employees to collaborate and work is at the forefront of our 2023 strategy.
We’re looking for someone to develop an innovative and creative Future of Work strategy for Pleo, which will include everything from setting up our approach to facilities management and compliance/health and safety, managing our existing contracts (as well as challenging and optimising them), working with our design team to create effective spaces and ergonomics, and ensuring that our famous Pleo culture and brand is instantly felt in any one of our physical office spaces.
You will own relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and ensure day to day execution and delivery of workplace related projects.
At Pleo we are forward-thinkers who believe in building a progressive workplace for the future and this role is at the core of driving this for our physical workspaces. If you’re just as passionate as we are about Future of Work, read on!
What you’ll get up to
- Provide industry expertise on Workplace topics and spearhead short, medium and long term Workplace strategy for Pleo globally
- Managing our existing workplace contracts, as well as challenging and optimising them
- Working with our workplace design team to create a work environment that is inclusive and productive, that portrays Pleo’s unique culture and ways of working, while meeting aims for sustainability, brand identity and physical workspace ergonomics.
- Owning relationships with key stakeholders and ensuring day to day execution and delivery of projects, i.e. owning the communication with local brokers, project managers, landlords, construction companies etc. across multiple countries
- Own relationship with internal stakeholders and ensure progress on desired project plan by driving working team, local Pleo office stakeholders and alignment and approval from our steering committee
- Ensuring implementation and overview of the planned strategy on an operational level and carefully managing timelines and schedules.
- Manage the creation and development of internal systems and guidelines (leveraging the workplace team and external partners as needed), to include but not limited to global portfolio management, workplace guidelines & policies, planning metrics, design principles and best practices
- Lead, align and improve workplace operations and day-to-day management of the offices (leased/serviced/shared/etc.)
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you
- Have significant expertise and experience in the workplace industry, property or facilities management
- Are an visionary and progressive leader who is dedicated to the development of others and setting a clear direction
- Like to ‘get your hands dirty’ and lead on operational priorities such as client or supplier negotiations
- Share our core value to enable Pleo’ers to feel valued at work
- Experience with managing a significant budget of €5m+
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!) 💳
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between the east coast of the Americas to European timezones)or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Madrid, Berlin, Lisbon)
- Lunch is on us – whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. This year we went to Croatia – we’d love to see you at the next one!
- Paid parental leave – we want to make sure that we’re supportive of families and help you feel that you don’t have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget. We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym or book a professional coach – it’s entirely up to you. Ask us about what we offer, and we’ll be happy to outline more.
- Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we’re onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that’s Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us we’ll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system – any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us – and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply – regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.