Alongside our world-class infrastructure, our online community has grown organically. We are a global community of lifelong learners looking to build the next generation of web3 applications. Sharing Linera’s values of quality, curiosity, and long-term impact, we hope to foster relationships that start with building on Linera and go beyond.
You will be most people’s first introduction to the Linera community. As a representative of the Linera brand, you will educate others about Linera and engage with our community. You’ll collaborate with the founding team to help inform features, design programs, and help grow and shape the direction of our community.
- Grow the Linera community by engaging with other web3 and Rust developer communities.
- Identify and manage opportunities to increase brand awareness of Linera through podcasts, conferences, PR, partnerships, and other channels.
- Work closely with the COO and the Ecosystem team on foundational projects, such as developing a streamlined new member experience, setting up our Ambassador / Moderator program, and other developer education programs.
- Listen for feedback from developers to inform future features, surface industry and market trends, and track online sentiments to help shape the direction of Linera’s growth. Present findings to the broader Linera team.
- Engage with the technical and non-technical community on Twitter, Telegram, and Discord. Share product updates, answer questions, and point people to the right resources. Keep our online communities safe and positive places for developers to build.
- Build community through regular engagement. Create social media content and provide input on community events and marketing campaigns. Host AMA’s and other online events. Set up event landing pages, instrumentation, marketing funnels, and email marketing campaigns.
- Represent Linera at online and offline events as needed.
This role is Remote with most team members in the US and EMEA time zones. This is a full-time role with a lot of room for career growth as the team and Linera community grows.
You will be a fantastic fit for this role if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Business, Social Sciences, or Engineering
- You have 2-4+ years of prior experience in Community Management or Community Growth with a blockchain startup; open source or developer-facing project; L1, L2, or other protocol; DAO; or other web3 project.
- You have experience in content creation and community management on Twitter, Discord, and Telegram with 1000+ followers.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are comfortable with technical concepts and technical integrations.
- You are able to use social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Discord, Telegram, and YouTube); content creation tools, website and email marketing, and instrumentation (e.g. Photoshop, Tweetdeck, Squarespace, and other similar tools); and video communication tools (e.g. Zoom, Luma, and other similar platforms).
- You enjoy hosting groups or audiences and/or you’re an educator, such as prior experience as an emcee, DJ, camp counselor, teacher, facilitator, manager, or instructor. Maybe you’ve read The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker or watched her TED Talk, or you like hosting parties or organizing events.
It would also be great if:
- You are able to speak and write in at least one other language (especially EMEA / APAC)
- You have created educational content about the blockchain space, such as blog posts or videos.
- You have your own brand, followers, and professional relationships in the blockchain, web3, and/or developer spaces.
- You have a strong aesthetic sense and eye for visual design.
- You’re able to travel to select industry and team events (max 3-4x/year).
How you work:
- You have strong organizational skills. You are able to support multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate across different time zones, and work across cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product, Business stakeholders.
- You are very familiar with the crypto/web3 space. You are long-term bullish on web3.
- You are creative and adaptable, a problem-solver able to manage changes in direction and situations that come up.
- You believe in the best in others. You can manage yourself and others under pressure. You listen well to others, are firm and fair, and help others feel appreciated and heard.