Looking for the unicorn of writing jobs – the kind with a consistent & stable income? Want a job so quirky and fun your friends won’t believe that’s what you actually do for a living? Keep reading, because VIDA Select is looking for talented, creative writers in Canada to join our expanding global team! The ideal candidate for this opportunity is naturally funny, witty, and able to write in a conversational and engaging style, all while accurately reflecting the voice of a diverse group of clientele.
Clients are men and women ranging in age from 21 to 70s+, and while they come from many different backgrounds they are generally successful professionals. You’ll need to adapt your voice to capture each client’s personality in a genuine, factually accurate, and age/gender appropriate way. In other words, you need to get into character for a diverse roster of clients. Many of our writers are novelists, script writers, etc., and have found it’s the perfect way to hone their character development skills!
- Complete all writing assignments and related tasks as assigned and on time (meeting deadlines is a crucial part of this job, and some have a 24-hour turnaround. If you’re not good with deadlines, this is not the opportunity for you!)
- Assist in the development and testing of new material (unleash your creativity!)
- Incorporate constructive feedback from the editing team into your work.
- Attend monthly team meetings and a quarterly company meeting (everything is virtual, so feel free to stay in your pajamas).
- Have a stable, reliable, and strong Internet connection.
- Demonstrated writing skills, whether that’s a blog, publication, school, etc.
- You’re self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- You’re extremely reliable, your time management skills are on point, and you can work remotely without direct supervision.
- You’re passionate about helping others, and have a natural interest in connecting people.
- You thrive in a team environment, and want to work for a company that values personal growth and continuous improvement.
- You’re looking to be a long-term addition to our team. This role generally requires a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Free life & career coaching sessions
- Longevity bonus, paid quarterly after 1 year
- Performance based pay increases