We are a fast-growing, globally distributed, close-knit team of multi-disciplinary doers and getters. Join Birthday Research today to be a part of the driving force shaping the future of decentralization.
About the team
Product management lies at the heart of Cake DeFi. As an organization that places our users at the forefront, the team collaborates closely with the engineering and design teams to identify problems and innovate solutions that strive to provide users with easy access to DeFi in a transparent manner. Ownership being the core tenet of the team, we also serve as the custodians of products in the company, where we work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the continued success of our offerings. Beyond the status quo, the team also endeavours to push the boundaries in simplifying and optimizing the user experience in DeFi, made possible through data-driven decisions derived from analytics and research. The product team is composed of talented self-starters with diverse backgrounds – a driving force that continues to shape the narrative of the company.
What you’ll do:
As the Head of Product of the Open-source Software team, you will lead the product development team and work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and launch innovative blockchain-based products that solve real-world problems. You will be responsible for defining the product vision, roadmap, and strategy, ensuring that the product development process is aligned with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Define and execute the product strategy:
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap in collaboration with the management team and internal stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities and develop new product concepts to drive growth to blockchain projects
- Conduct market research and gather community feedback to validate product ideas and refine the product strategy.
- Manage and grow the product management team
- Continuously improve team standards through coaching and performance management measures
- Empower and lead cross-functional product squads to achieve product objectives
- Lead the product development process:
- Work closely with the product development team to define and prioritize product features and requirements.
- Create and maintain a product backlog and ensure that development sprints are aligned with the product roadmap.
- Manage product launches and releases:
- Coordinate product launches and releases with cross-functional teams, including marketing and community team
- Develop go-to-market strategies and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned on the product’s value proposition and messaging.
- Monitor product performance and community feedback to continuously improve the product and inform future development efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the blockchain industry and emerging technologies that can be used to improve the company’s offerings.
- Attend conferences, meetups, and other events to build relationships with industry leaders and stay informed about industry trends.
What you’ll need
- Proven experience as a Head of Product, Product Lead, and similar role
- Experience in leading a robust team of engineers, designers and product managers
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Experience in crypto-related industries is a must
- Background in software engineering is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- BSc/BA in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field