Serotonin is seeking a Public Relations Manager to lead strategic communications and media relations for our portfolio of web3 partners. In this role, PR Managers will join Serotonin’s PR team, a dynamic collective of industry-leading comms specialists who are responsible for leading client PR strategies as part of an integrated marketing team. Serotonin’s integrated approach to marketing services creates valuable opportunities for cross-functional collaboration across events, content, social, community, PR and more. PR managers are empowered to be true owners of their client work while leveraging the shared resources, relationships and strategic support of the entire PR team.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and communications skills and journalist relationships; prior experience working in related roles at agencies or in-house is required. We are specifically seeking candidates with a background in crypto, NFTs, and web3, with an understanding of how the technology can be leveraged in established industries such as financial services, fintech, consumer finance, VC, fashion, gaming or entertainment. Candidates must have a strong interest in these topics and must be eager to immerse themselves in this new and exciting technological ecosystem.
- Lead PR campaigns and announcements— set the strategy, goals, tactics, research and execution for optimal earned media outcomes
- Media targets — leverage existing contacts and cultivate new relationships with web3 trade press and journalists across tech, business and mainstream media (digital publications, podcasts, video, etc.)
- Content creation– craft client positioning/ messaging, press releases, pitches, thought leadership commentary and briefing materials
- Proactive pitching– secure thought leadership opportunities across media, podcasts, and events.
- Stakeholder management– coordinate all relevant internal and external parties, anticipating needs and timelines for successful execution
- Comms infrastructure– support in all public relations activities, managing media inquiries and founder requests
- Reporting– monitor, analyse and communicate PR results, creating post-report campaigns with actionable insights.
- Market analysis– maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations on how to insert clients into trending conversations.
- Crisis communications: advise on strategic comms to help clients navigate sensitive situations
- 3-5 years of experience working in comms/ PR at an agency or in-house, with a background in crypto, NFTs, web3, financial services, fintech, consumer finance, VC, fashion, gaming or entertainment
- Understanding of web3 technology, prominent use cases, main blockchain ecosystems
- Desire to work in the Web3 space
- Track record of leading and executing successful public relations campaigns and securing earned speaking engagements
- Strong media relationships
- Sharp writing and editing skills
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and navigate multiple projects
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with clients and teammates
- Competitive Salary
- Remote work
- Health Insurance – (US Only)
- 401(k) – (US Only)